Monday, August 19, 2013

Yet another awesome week here in the sweatiest place on earth!


Hello to the house! This week has been so great, gihapon (as always). I am LOVING being with Sister Peacock, this is definitely the happiest time of my mission so far!! So many great things happened this week in the work. We found 19 new investigators, we SHOULD have a marriage and a baptism this week if everything goes well with forms and papers and things, and just every day awesome stuff! I'm trying to send pictures this week (finally!!) so my email might be a little short-ish. I'll just focus on the important stuff! 
     So one of our investigators, the seaman, is supposed to be baptized this weekend... but he let us know last time that he wants to wait until he comes home again next year :( He wants more time to talk to his Catholic family and get their support, he was supposed to have gone to talk with them yesterday so we'll see how that went. Sister Peacock and I fasted that it would go well and that something would happen to change his mind, as well as for all our other investigators with W.O.W. problems and for Maryglore and her Marriage/Baptism, and for all our gintudloan to come to church on Sunday... we had 13 investigators at church, one of our W.O.W. investigators hasn't smoked the past 2 days, and maryglore's husband got enough money to go to the courthouse!! Such a tender mercy!!! 
     So the night before church we were panted with some of our appointments and one of our investigators dropped us :/ so we needed to do something to feel better so we went to the market and got a box of groceries to secretly take to Maryglore, we creep to her hut and leave it outside but then as we're walking away we realize that it might rain and ruin the food if they don't see it till morning, so we're standing outside their hut talking about what to do when maryglore walks up and we were like "crap! we're so busted and this is so awkward now!" but we totally pulled it off like we were just coming from another appointment and she didn't suspect anything! Phew! And then at church the next day we saw her and her kids eating some of the bisquits we left and we were happy :)
     My favorite new investigator of the week... This little  10 yr old boy came with Maryglore to church, Jonnie, we've seen him around the area before and he's joined in on a few lessons with some recent convert kids we teach in that area and he always comes over to shake our hands when he sees us walking to maryglores, and apparently on Sunday morning he showed up at maryglores and asked if she was going to our church and if he could come and he had put on special clothes to go to church, this adorable little overalls that were so short and tiny but the nicest clothes he had, and she was like "of course!" so he came and when we saw him he was standing outside the church not going in because he was worried his clothes weren't nice enough and when he saw us he got so excited and asked if we could please come teach him and his family so we made an apt. after church to go by and he kept asking if we could come earlier and earlier haha he was so excited, and then after church when we went by he was SO happy to see us and was jumping up and down and calling his parents over to meet us, and we ended up teaching him and his little brother and parents and it was the CUTEST thing ever. I know that was a really horrible run on story thing but I'm trying to hurry so I can send pictures haha. But yes! He is adorable and I'm so excited to teach his family! 
     Sis. Peacock and I have so much fun, we're both way too big to fit in the trikes together cause they are SO not made for americans hahaha and we just have to squish in them and everyone laughs and calls us fat as we ride by hahaha. And I don't even know, it's just really really fun and I love it :) Okay! I'm gonna try pictures! If I have any time after I'll write another small note, but if not I love you all and I'm so glad that Sera's cheer team can just rule the world this year and hannah and nate holy beasts, you're both gonna kick my butt in running when I get home, CAM AND ALYNE CONGRATS I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! now only 99 more years to go! (yes, I fully expect you to be married for 100 years), and you're all just so awesome and I love you so much and you're the best family everrrrrrrrrrr <3 <3 <3 <3 BIG HUGS!!!!!!!
-Sister Manwaring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment