Monday, August 26, 2013

So much love to you all


Hello!!! Another awesome week, gihapon. I loved reading all your letters this week! As with every week, gihapon haha. Nate, you are ADORABLE! Clay! Holy happy birthday this week!!! Eight??? You need to stop growing up dangit! *point* :) Just so so glad to hear you're all doing well, and even with the things that aren't so well, know that I always pray for you guys at least 67 times a day :)
So basically I must be way too gorgeous and awesome for my own good cause I had an investigator ask me out this week. Hahahaha and I'm being way sarcastic about being gorgeous and awesome cause I'm just sweaty and smelly and frizzy haired and fat so I don't know how it happened, but yeah. One of our teenage investigators asked for our number, which we give out to coordinate appointments and send reminders and stuff, and later that night we get a text asking if I have a boyfriend... so we are like "okay, crap." and we say no we're missionaries, and he says "thats okay, I can wait." and we were like "nooooo crappppp noooo" cause we can't really teach him now and it was so dumb and yuck I don't want that on my mission, so we told our WML who is his friend and he said he'll talk to him and then we brought it up in ward council when they asked how it was going with him and we totally expected them to be all upset about it and they thought it was sooo funny hahah the whole council was like "Hey, whats the problem! If he gets baptized right?" hahahaha so yay. I can just use that to get converts haha. and then last night he sends a text asking me out to dinner, and the text literally just said "dinner.." hahahahahahahaha oh what a charmer. and like, kay, even if I wasn't a missionary, where on earth would we go to dinner? Would he just cook me some rice? hahahahahaha. Anyways, so now we have one less investigator but we are always working by his house and with his friends and sister so now it'll be so awkward whenever we have to see him so darn hahaha.
The kid on the computer next to me is playing He is We so that's not distracting haha.
The other day Sister Peacock and I were leaving an appt. and we had a few minutes before our next one so I wanted to go try and contact this girl I met like 2 months ago, she is this baptist preachers daughter and can sing wayyy good and makes these like baptism hymn CD's and anyways, she was really nice and I wanted to give it a shot contacting her, so we go to where she pointed her house was and instead find this baptist church (cause she's the preachers daughter so they live in the church) and she wasn't there but all these baptist youths were (sera, please catch the Schmidt reference there) and so we were just leaving and then they called us back and were like "Can we share our message with you?" and my first thought was "well, I ask people to listen to my message all day, I can be polite and listen to theirs for a few minutes" but that's where I made a big mistake cause what I thought was going to be them talking to us outside for a few minutes and then us going turned into them leading us into their church and setting up this preaching session and this baptist youth just yelled bible scriptures at us and talked about how we're all sinners and need to accept that we're sinners and the spirit was really not there and it felt so yucky and I kept trying to save it by offering our beliefs in response and when I pulled out the Book of Mormon you would've thought it was a poisonous snake and they tried to take us on a guided prayer to accept Jesus and confess our sins and reprove the sinner within us and I was like "Oh, sorry, we really have to go, bye" and then we just left really fast and I am such a bad missionary and almost made Sister Peacock and I become members of their church hahahaha so yay.
We've been having a little trouble with people understanding us in lessons so I asked Bishop if he had any critique for us and he said that I speak ilonggo way too fast so it's hard to understand me sometimes. I speak fast? Tell me something I don't know hahaha story of my life. So yay, now I have to focus so hard to not be a motor mouth.
I forgot my nametag so that was a crowning moment haha. I noticed about 3 lessons into our day and I my heart jumped so bad when I realized I didn't have it haha and we had to go all the way home and get it and I just held my hand over the spot where it should've been and felt so naked haha. But I got 5 months into my mission without forgetting it once, so that's pretty good!
5 months in! Holy cow hahahaha. Almost a third done. So crazy.
Maryglore is just so so great. She didn't get married this last week :/ Her husband has been really busy with work and didn't have a chance to go to the City hall for their license. But! We are bringing Bishop with us to their house tonight to talk about maybe having a ward member go with Maryglore so that they can get it this week. And then hopefully they'll be married this week! And she can be baptized as soon as they're married! So in one of our lessons with her this last week we came during their dinner time and I felt bad to interrupt so we tried to just make the lesson short and she says "Oh! Don't worry! Food doesn't matter compared to the word of God. If you eat every day, even a whole 3 meals a day, you'll still die eventually and you're not saved. But even if you had no food but you had the word of God when you died you will be saved." And it was so adorable and she also tried fasting this last week after we taught her fasting, cause they're really reallyyyyyyy poor, like 20 pesos a day for food, which is like 5 0 cents, so she was fasting for help and she thought her kids needed to fast too so her little kids were fasting and she was like "I really like fasting but i don't know how often we can fast, my kids just get so hungry." and we were like "Oh my gosh, no, your kids don't have to fast at all." But her desire is just so awesome, I just want her to get married so bad so she can be baptized!!
We've started involving the recent converts in our investigator lessons and it's so awesome! I LOVE hearing my recent converts help teach to our investigators and talk about their own conversion experience and it just makes me so proud and they're so good at teaching and Gino wants to go on a mission and he's going to be such a good missionary and I just love it so much.
Sister Peacock is SO AWESOME. We just have so much fun all the time. And she does this hilarious "marcel the shell" voice and it's soooo funny and we just laugh at all the crazy philippines stuff all the time and it's just so fun and awesome :)
Okay.... I have one last thing... drumroll please!

I cut my hair :D :D
I had Sister Peacock cut it for me and I took off like 5 or 6 inches and it's so much better and I'm so proud of myself for being spontaneous and cutting it and not caring and I'll send a picture and basically I'm just super brave and awesome now. Be proud.
Anndddd that's all for this week!!! I love you all to death and I love your emails every week and I lovvveeeee being a missionary and I'm so happy to be doing this and even though I miss you all like I can't even describe I am so so glad to be able to be serving a mission :) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
-Sister Manwaring <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment