Wednesday, August 6, 2014

hello again :)

Hey everyone! 

So as you have seen from President's facebook, I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Rosario, she is from Pangasinan, and she is my trainee! This is her very first week in the mission field, so exciting! It is bringing back soooooo many funny memories from my first weeks... laying awake at 5 in the morning my mind tormenting me with thoughts of home... crying in every single companionship study for no apparent reason... feeling like a deaf and mute person because no one could understand me and I couldn't understand them... you know, the fun stuff ;) She speaks Tagalog and English and will shortly be speaking Hiligaynon as well. Its really difficult for her in teaching because the people understand Tagalog and don't understand English but she isn't supposed to speak Tagalog... of course its a big temptation to just speak Tagalog but she is doing awesome and plucking it out with English. I am also learning much Tagalog now ;) Her entire family was baptized when she was 13 so she is a somewhat recent convert to the church, they have a big up on the "from birth" members because they know how the gospel is taught to investigators. I had never even seen a pamphlet before my mission. She is super prepared when it comes to teaching and I'm super grateful because it makes it much easier to share an even load in teaching. Its definitely much different training a local but I love training and I love Sister Rosario :) She is such a trooper too, its very different for her that I can speak the language and she can't, she says she feels that I am the pinay and she is the foreigner haha, welcome to my last 15 months ;) To answer your question, if I finish out her training then she will be my last companion and this will be my last area. I would be just happy with that because it will give me a chance to reallllllly build up Sipalay. Just like dad in our hotel rooms (even with maid service) its instilled in me to leave an area better than I found it ;) 

The biggest highlight of this week was when I went to Bacolod for transfers. They called us on monday night and said that Sister Cinco was transferring and to be in Bacolod the next morning, nothing else. So she packed all her things and went. Once we got to Bacolod she left with her new companion and I was informed that I had an interview with President, wherein I found out I would be training. We would pick up our trainees on thursday so I would be working in Bacolod until then. Awesome, but the AP's said nothing so I brought notttttthing haha. Not even extra garments. BUT then they said where I would be working..... drumroll.... SUM-AG. My first area!!!!! I DIED. I would get to work in Sum-ag again for two days!!! It was a double blessing because my temporary companion, Sister Neilsen, was white washing and training too had no clue even where the apartment was, so I got to also show her around everywhere so she was somewhat prepared when she picked up her trainee. It was the coolest experience to see everyone again, especially their reactions in seeing me! It was like I had been resurrected haha ;) Since I had brought nothing I wore some clothes that the previous sisters had left behind, washed everything I wore to Bacolod, and borrowed everything else from Sister Neilsen. Thursday we got our trainees, took the 7 hour bus ride back to Sipalay, and now here we are :) 

Its great to hear about everyone from your emails!! Im glad that you are doing good. I am, as always, loving every single second. Can I just be a missionary forever please? Have a fantastic week :) 

Love always, Sister Manwaring 

No comments:

Post a Comment