Monday, August 11, 2014

restitution ;)

Okay, don't worry, I've been fully repenting for my uber short letter last week, I literally walked out of the computer shop after my time was up and was like *gasp* "Oh crap that letter was really short. What possessed me???" So please accept my very sincere apology and lets get talking about this last week :)

So first off, I am loving all this "from the life and times of Sera Manwaring" I get every week. Really though. Hahaha and last week I tried to tell Sister Rosario about it and she just replies "Oh, maybe she is prettier than you!" ummm.... hahaha

We went to teach one of our investigators who is a teacher in a catholic school here and its frustrating because he is reallllllly a good investigator but literally at the school they sign a contract that by working there they will be roman catholic and nothing else. Anyways, we go by to teach him and he lives in this little room probably the size of mom and dads closet and its a tin roof and it starts RAINING SO HARD. and when that happens with the tin roofs good luck hearing anything. So i'm obviously used to this and I just start shouting the lesson over the rain and he holds up two hands in traffic stopping motion (he is also quite a bit feminine) and pulls out this box from under his bed and gets out literally two headsets. I'm talking backstreet boys, hannah montana, hilary duff this is what dreams are made of, headsets. And motions for us to wear them. So we put them on and continue teaching, our voices somewhat more audible through the microphones. I wanted to DIE laughing. I was literally a pop star. We went to him again yesterday and taught plan of salvation. Being a teacher he is more educated than our other investigators which makes teaching more interesting, but because of his job thats more important to him right now. We're trying to help him see how whats the point of having a good job if its going to keep him out of God's kingdom. Because really, if it was me I would DIE to get to the next life and realize that I chose WORK over SALVATION and EXALTATION. #Priorities 

Another really crazy teaching experience- so we went to go teach Jessica (who got all confused this week talking to her husband about baptism and he suddenly changed his mind again and said no so we are still working that out with her, she WILL be baptized) and while we're teaching jessica we hear weird noises from the house next door and she just starts crying and then explains that her neighbor is extremely on his death bed. He is a seaman and for the past 2 months has been home because his body is just shutting down (like 12 year old cam in the springs in zion but for reals). She said that his body has just caved in on itself, his skin has gone transparrant, he can't eat or drink without throwing up his insides and blood or speak without doing the same. She says all of this then Sister Rosario goes "Can you introduce us to him?" and I just had to get up and follow them because there was no way for me to say to her "No sister I am going to scream if I see him" so we just go and there he is, its so true, its like a somewhat living skeleton. His blood isn't even red anymore, its just purple. He has a couple nurses that try to do something but I have no idea what they can actually do for him. Jessica starts bawling and asking him if he recognizes her and I'm thinking "He definitely is dead, he does not recognize you, gani" but she is bawling and sister rosario starts bawling and I'm just really proud that I'm not screaming. We finally sing "I am a child of God" and pray for him. I don't know that he took any of it in. It was like visiting the old folks home with grandpa jenkins times 200 in scaryness. We shared with Jessica a review of what happens after this life, the resurrection, and about the atonement making fair whatever we are called to suffer through in this life. 

In our zone meeting one of the missionaries was telling about how their mom was in a session with all the new actors from the temple movie and I was laughing to myself because that would be so weird, like, 'Satan!! What, why are you in the temple??" haha. But man I am SO excited to finally be able to go to the temple again!!!! SO excited. 

While we were riding in a tricycad to an appointment this crazy woman wanders out into the crowded street and just takes off her dress. Just pulls it off over her head. She is a real crazy person, like bald patches of hair missing from her head, no teeth, etc, but yeah she just strips it off and is standing there totally naked in the middle of the road, inspecting something on the inside of her dress. You know, just the normal day for a missionary in the bacolod philippines mission ;) 

We had our special sacrament again and it was even more of a success this time. Haha the branch misunderstood and thought it was just a one time thing, oops, so we explained clearer and now we have a schedule for the priesthood to do the ordinance every week. We'll have our first baptism from the islandSeptember 6th, so excited!!! 

Well great things are going on in Sipalay. I love every single day. Chatting this week with you guys has been the best too, oh my gosh how is it possible that I love you and miss you EVEN MORE now than I ever have??? I get it Heavenly Father, my family is the best in the entire world, but can you let me feel like once I'm on my way home? ;) Have a fantastic week, I hope that this email plus chatting makes up for my sad excuse of an email last time ;) LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sister Manwaring 

No comments:

Post a Comment