Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WHAT a week

WHAT a week.

I never know how to format my emails, my brain is always so rumble
tumble sitting down to write it out! Do I go day by day? Experiences?
haha it always ends up a jumble anyways so, as always, bear with me as
I dump the contents of this week into the computer.

Last Monday: The COOLEST experience while grocery shopping (when I say
grocery shopping, I mean 3 isles of canned corn beef and cup of
noodles). Sipalay was PACKED with people. There was a government
handout thing going on so everyone from the mountain areas was there
to collect then shop. While in the small "grocery store", elbow to
elbow with my fellow shoppers, sweating bullets and trying to locate
my UFC banana catsup, I spotted a mother. She had one child by the
hand, another strapped to her chest in the process of breast feeding,
and she was using her free hand to grab groceries from among the
throng. As I continued to watch her, I noticed she kept picking things
then returning them. She would check the price, a nervous twitch
pulling her eyebrows together in a tick, then return the item,
muttering under her breath. Thats when the Spirit spoke to me; it said
"Buy her groceries". I had some left over budget from last week and
could easily spare some for her, but I began to question- what would I
say? Do I just hand her some money? is this even allowed? What is she
leaves before I can do anything? The prompting kept getting stronger
and stronger until next thing I knew I had fished 500P out of my
wallet and was whispering to the cashier the plan to pay for the
woman, last second adding that she not say who the money was from. At
that point Sis. Cinco had finished so we fathered out things and left.
Aw we walked home I felt the sweet rush that comes from following a
prompting from the Spirit. Its so the best ever when Heavenly Father
includes me in His little tender mercies for others.

Bavelyn's baptism was AWESOME GID. I snuck a teachings of the
prophets: Joseph Fielding Smith manual from the church last sunday and
have been reading it all week, just that morning I had been reading
what he taught of Baptism and Confirmation, Priesthood, all that great
stuff. I am addicted to baptisms. I want to attend baptisms for the
rest of my life- I'll just be known as the "baptism lady" and I'll
show up at random chapels for random baptisms and I'll bring cool
gifts and play a special musical number. It will be bomb. But as for
Bavelyn's super huge blessing. She is the only one so far from her
family to be baptized, her parents are super supportive but don't want
us to focus on them, just the kids. Super common here. We're working
on them and her siblings. The Young Womens organization here is the
strongest unit haha and so she has been super fellowshipped and is
attending seminary and doing aweeeeesome.

For the rest of our work.... hahaha lets see. We had one investigator
hide from us then finally face us and return his book of mormon... a
new record was set for NO ONE being home, like more than every other
appointment every day this week... its been RAINING. like RAINING.
Like you can't comprehend the amount of water pouring from the sky..
and our umbrellas both broke yesterday and we went out and just got
TOTALLY soaked before even the first appointment haha. I LOVE
everyone's reactions here to rain, they see us walking and you would
think we were walking through a mine field, "ITS RAINING. WHAT ARE YOU
TWO DOING. GET INSIDE. GO HOME AND GET INSIDE IT IS RAINING."
Literally, everyone hahaha. A TON of our investigators randomly
dropped us- that doesn't happen here. Everyone left for the bukid
(mountains). Or was sick. Or busy. And usually we can talk to people
on the street, offer to sing or pray for them, and get new
investigators, but with the rain noooo onneeee was outside. Ghost
town. Wet ghost town. And the topping on the sundae, our most
progressing investigator and most potential baptism... was possessed.
POSSESSED. Okay, not really, but thats what they think. Also they
think it was US that possessed her. We go back to visit her and she
isn't home, her neighbors were acting all scared of us and finally
told us that she was at her parents house. We go there and her parents
invite us in and go "Yeah, Jane is was possessed by an evil spirit
after you taught her last time." UM. Liwat beh? Then Jane comes out
and they're like "she doesn't recognize people right now", we wave and
are like "Hi jane" she just stares at us. UM. So we obviously don't
want her family to think that WE POSSESSED HER so we talk with them
and explain who we are and what we do and sing them a hymn, they
weren't mad or anything, acting like it was kind of a normal thing for
someone to be possessed, they said they were going to a witch doctor
the next day in the bukid to get her back to normal. Because we're in
the 16th century here you know. We went back the next day when her
parents weren't there and found out from her little sister that she
had fought with her boyfriend but her parents don't like the boyfriend
so she blamed it on us.... thanks jane.

So yes, WHAT a week. Its like our investigators don't get that the
work is hastening or something ;) But its a whole new week and me and
Sister Cinco are excited to go at it again!

Sera!! Youare18whattheheckthisisn'trealstopitrightnow.

I LOVE hearing from everyone. Your emails are the bessstttttttt.

So cool that everyone is leaving on missions and getting calls!!! And
quincy is home!! WEIRD.

I love you all sooooooooo so so so very much!!!!!!!!

Sister Manwaring

1 comment:

  1. Sister Manwaring, (Megan) Thank You so much every week keeping me in the spirit of Our Lord. The Tender Mercies, the Blessings you receive from doing the Lords work. Many of your experiences I have found ways of using in my visiting teaching for the sisters. Families are forever and I am so glad.

    ReplyDelete