Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I'm never coming home!

Wow. No words for this week. I'll try anyways. 

Best birthday of my life. The Disneyland one was amazing, so was the one when I went to visit Nan and Thad, so was the one where Sera and I went to Boulevard Home Furnishings and watched tv on the lazyboys for hours, but this topped them all. 

The day before, last Pday, was basically like a birthday, but it was an "end of the age" celebration rather than "start of the age". First, after emailing we went to Robinsons and I went and scoured the internet shops for Sister Judd, I didn't see her but I saw Sister Becerra!! I LOVE HER SO MUCH. Heavenly Father just placed all my very best friends in this mission, I swear. So I got to see her and catch up with her. Heaven. Then we go downstairs, I'm trying to be calm but I'm searching the crowds like a murderer is after me, looking for Sister Judd... we come down the elevators and I look into a picture shop and see familiar dark hair (yes, even in the Asian crowd of dark heads)... and after months of waiting.. there she is. SISTER JUDD. I just walked up to her. I couldn't even talk. We just stood staring at each other for about 14 years, smiling so big, then we started screaming and hugging and all the very "quiet dignity" missionary things. It was not real life. Then Sister Becerra came down and came in with her companion and Sister Char was there, of course, and I was just in a room with all my favorite people (who are in the philippines ;) ) and I was about to explode with joy. I felt like on Shrek when fiona is transforming and her face goes all beam of light. I was being such a spaz, as you can imagine, but I couldn't care less. We went and did our shopping with her and tried to catch up on a year in 20 minutes. I was nervous that seeing her the first time it would be really hard to say goodbye, but it was totally okay. And I will see her on Pday at Robs every day this transfer. BEST PRE BIRTHDAY DAY EVER. 

Then the next day, Heavenly Father just went and outdid Himself. Sister Becerra's companion was in the hospital and she had been with her and hadn't showered or eaten in a few days so we got permission to go get her and feed her and let her hygiene herself. So I got to spend my birthday with Sister Becerra. * HALLELUJAH*. The coolest part was just getting to catch up on everything. It's been months since we were companions and that first bit was really tough on her. But wow. She did it. She changed. She has BECOME. Its a night and day difference to where she was and I want the same for me SO bad. Its going to sound so dumb if I try and put it into words. But she had her "moment" and she isn't the same. She is infinitely better. Okay, this isn't going to make sense. TO THE MISSIONARIES (specifically Mom, Dad, and Cam): When did you have that moment in your mission where you just changed? Where you understood it? What brought you to that moment? What did it effect in your mission and life? Sister Becerra did it. I wish we could be put back together just to try what we could achieve now. But she had a profound effect on me and my work has completely changed. I have.

Basically, I love Sister Char. I have never gotten so many sincere compliments in my whole life haha. She IS the light of Christ. When we teach together it just works. The Spirit works. Our area is booming, we've actually had to stop trying to get new investigators because we are getting too many to keep up with. We had to split up each part of our area to a single day so that we can effectively get to everyone. Time has never gone so fast. And I've never been so anxious of it going fast. This transfer is going to FLY and I hate it. I love my companion. I love our investigators. I love the members. (speaking of members, we got our new Ward Mission Leader who is AMAZING). I love my mission President. Ah, I just can't speak today! Which is weird considering I am NEVER at a loss for words haha. Its just been the absolute best. And I don't wanna come home ;)

Okay, I'll try talking about you guys and maybe my thoughts will get back together. Dad, I sure did miss the pictures but 13 minutes of laughing from the sauna story definitely made up for it. Mom, you are just the best. Basta. I can only HOPE to be HALF the mother and wife that you are. Aaaaaaand you're my best friend :) I can't wait for your race! I've been bragging to everyone about it! What are the dates again? I'm so excited for our "conversation!" ;) Cam! I love you even though I have to just guess at most of the amazing things you are doing! Your birthday email made up for all the others you didn't write though ;) Alyne that goes for you as well! You also win the prize for best Sister-in-law because you make my brother so happy. Thnk yu pls. Sera, whyyyyyyyyyyyy you are just marykate and ashley and okay besties now with Shania Twain and yes I totally remember that song because you would be such a poop and I would have to play it all the time when you would get pouty so that you would stop and just be fun again hahahha. And Enzo is home??? Where did THAT time go? Weren't we just at his call opening? "Hurry Cameron!" "Strawberry swirl cake". SO WEIRD. Jayce! I feel like I should write to you because you are now a member of the family. I hope you are enjoying all of our movies and food. You have probably moved into my room and I bet they call you "meg" but thats cool. Just know they love me most. Also, we've never met, so this can be an informal meeting. Or formal. You choose. Hannah! I'm sure you're totes gorgz as always. And starting seminary? Say what?? Nate and Clay! Your birthday emails made me cry. You two are the best. 

I hoped that would center my thoughts. Nope. I'll just tell you random stuff. 

Sister Char and I made green rice. We got down to the end of our groceries this week and we made this rice/egg/milk/buko flavoring confection in the rice cooker. It tasted like a pancake and it was strangely so good. 

Brother Abrar taught us to speak some of his dialect from Pakistan. Aap ka keya haal hai! We asked him who it is that will put you to death in his country for being Christian, the government or families and he said "Oh no, its just if you are out on the street and someone hears you then they will call over this guy and that guy and you're a gonner. That's the most common way." Also he said that all the dogs in his country just bite people always. So hey! Let's go on vacation there! :D

We needed a girl with us so that we could teach one of our investigators because it's just him and his brother in their house and we usually get this old less active lady next door to come but she was napping so we look and this like 97 year old lady is walking past the house and we just look at each other and Sister Char goes up to her and I go up to the door and call for the investigator and Sister Char is like "Hey! Can you come here for 5 minutes? Thanks you're the best!" And pulls this confused little lady into the house and she just chilled on the couch while we taught. She is also now a new investigator and we're going to meet her family this week. #Winning

Okay, thats all I got. Sorry! I love you all soooooo much and you're the best and I love your emails and I'm so glad you're all doing great and I really really do love you but I'm not coming home. This week has been amazing. I love everything in the whole world. I am so blessed. And I love it here. #peterpansyndrome #stayinginneverneverland

ALL MY LOVE FOREVER AND EVER

Sister Manwaring 



Pics! 
Me and sister judd!

No comments:

Post a Comment