Saturday, June 21, 2014

I just love you all wayy too much

HEY :) Love you, did you know that? 

We FINALLY got our Liahona magazines, I am EATING them up. And okay, MORIAH is just in it, I died!!! And no one cared hahaha I was like "Hey! Everyone! This is my cousin!!!" They were like "... um.. cool Sister Manwaring.." hahahaha. 

I read this morning in Ether 2:25, okay LOVE it. So it talks about obviously when the brother of Jared needs light for the barges and the Lord asks him what his suggestions are then says that He doesn't expect them to cross the deep in darkness and whatever light he asks for it will be given him. This is the coolest verse and super cool applicable to almost-leaving missionaries. You will find that in your life up to this point you had many sources of "light" to shine in your "dark" or stressful times; family, friends, sports, movies, music, naps, things you will no longer turn to as a full time missionary. The Lord doesn't expect you to cross the "deep" of your mission without light. There are lots of sources available to everyone, scripture study, prayer, singing hymns, sacrament, a companion, etc, but what this verse is teaching us is that we can ask the Lord specifically for a personalized light to be with us. Take some time to think about that... what is your light going to be? A simple preparation like that can be so super duper helpful for your entire mission- now in preparation, the MTC, and the field. I encourage you all to come up with a personalized light and then present it before the Lord, I know He will help us :)

OH YEAH. I had the worst possible thing that could happen to a missionary happen to me this week. I LOST MY NAMETAG. We were riding the ceres bus on the way home from trainings in Bacolod and we couldn't get an aircon bus so the window was open and my tag was flapping and I had the thought to make sure it was on secure and I check and the magnet is fine.. the second I take my hand off, while still looking at it, I watch it fly off my chest and OUT THE WINDOW. :O I DIED. I didn't even know what to do. I was like SISTER MY TAG JUST FLEW OUT THE WINDOW. It was like some sick joke. OH IT WAS AWFUL. I have had that tag almost 15 months. Its the tag they clipped on me in the MTC. AH. And I had to ride the whole 6 hours back to Sipalay with no tag. I spent the ride thinking about the time when I won't be able to wear a tag on my chest and just made mental plans. But that is still far off and I was soooo glad to run into the apartment and get my replacement out of my suitcase. Its fresh and new, the lettering still white, not reflecting the months of service I've given, but its a nametag and thats what counts. 

Sergio was baptized and confirmed this week!! He is such a "funny" investigator hahaha. He doesn't click things in his head correctly all the time, we had to do his BIQ's like 3 times in preparation because he kept just trying to bear a testimony of every question instead of answer it. Example "So brother, what do you remember about the word of wisdom?" , "I know that is a true commandment of God. It is so true and it changed my life." "Thats awesome, so what is not allowed for our bodies?", "Yeah, its straight from God cause He made our bodies so He knows!", "Yes, but WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED." "Oh yeah, drugs, smoking.." hahahahaha oh Sergio. His baptism day was a little rough going... lets just say that I am so excited to come home and be an uber supportive member of the ward ;) But it all went through and was a special experience as always. Sergio is super stoked to bear his testimony in fast and testimony meeting and on Sunday when he went up to be confirmed he thought that it was testimony time so he strides over to the pulpit and starts out "GOOD MORNING MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS", then the branch president calls him over to the chair and sergio realizes all embarrassed and yells "Sorry! Sorry!!" to the congregation as he goes and sits to be confirmed. Hahahahahaha classic. Also, on our phone we have a signature that says "Sipalay Sisters" because people always think its just our personal phone and just want to chat us all day, but Sergio has started replying to our texts with his own tag, "Brother Sipalay" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh he is so special hahahahaha. 

Well, I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL  and DAD I am SO SUPER PROUD of you!!!! Thanks so much for all of your emails, I love you all more than I can say!!!!!! have a great week!!!!! 

Sister Manwaring 

No comments:

Post a Comment