Monday, June 9, 2014

all my lovez

Hey guys :) 

Mom, congrats on your race!!! You never cease to amaze me!! And how lucky to have Dad, the perfect race partner/ aid station/ husband. You two are the coolest. 

So as you saw in the pictures we had MLC this week. President Lopez is the best. Its ridiculous to me what our mission is accomplishing. I wish you could all be there!! After MLC we came back to Sipalay and thenthursday we had our zone meeting and me and sister cinco and the zone leaders gave our trainings from MLC. 

In MLC we studied a bit from D&C 122 and what came to mind what that book we read when we were like "Going on a bear hunt." You remember that one? "We're going on a bear hunt, gonna catch a big one, what a beautiful day! We're not scared!" then they have all those things that pop up in their adventure, like long grass and mud and at every sublag they say "We can't go over it, we can't go under it, we'll have to go through it!". We often forget that life is MEANT to have trials haha. I hear latter-day saints say "Why did this happen, I'm doing whats right! I'm keeping the commandments!" we forget that righteousness and obedience doesn't exempt us from trials and tests, if we didn't have trials what would be the point of even coming to earth? So when we face those times we need to adopt the character of the people in the book "we'll have to go though it!" and do we realize how incredible it is that we don't have to ever go through any of them on our own? Jesus Christ literally went through each and every trial that we will ever go through, and not only went through but won. He can literally help us to win every test as long as we remember to include Him. 

Its mango season gid and everyone is giving us mangos, i swear we've gotten like a thousand mangos this week from investigators haha, they just give us like 20 and we shove them in our bags and at the end of the day we just unload all our mangos and our shoulders are so sore haha. 

Guys, I just love the gospel. Back in the MTC I remember thinking one of my first days while reading in personal study "If all of this really really is true, what does that mean?" (forgive me if I've already emailed about this before) and not that I had ever thought that it wasn't and not that I didn't already know that it was, but it was like letting the reality of if really sink in. And BAM. I was a gonner. It sunk in and its never coming out. We can literally live in the Celestial Kingdom. Jesus Christ is really our savior. We can literally live forever with our families. We really can be forgiven of sin and improve ourselves so we don't have to keep sinning. We literally are children of GOD. He is really our Heavenly Father and He really is listening to all of our prayers and always watching us. He knows us soooooo much better than we know ourselves. There is nothing so hard and sad and scary about life that we cannot overcome through Christ and His gospel. The Book of Mormon is literally written by people who lived in ancient america and they literally had all of those experiences. All the commandments are true and are from a Heavenly Father who knows perfectly how to make us perfectly happy. We literally have a member of the godhead, the Holy Ghost to be with us ALWAYS, we have access to heaven. Priesthood power is real. ITS ALL REAL. Don't hate me for saying "literally" 54 times and don't judge my inability to express myself normally over email. I just love you all so much and I'm so glad that I can serve a mission, no matter how hard it is, cause it isn't about me! And I love it.

 And thats all I have for this week. There will be more pictures up on presidents facebook from our zone conference so enjoy those hahahaha I'm sure they'll be wonderful because sister lopez likes to take pictures of peoples participation and I have to give a training so there will be great "in action" pictures hahaha. 

LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. 

Sister Manwaring 

No comments:

Post a Comment