Monday, July 8, 2013

I believe in miracles!! Megan is SO brave :)


Well hello :) I ruvv yewww awwlll!!!!!!  Your letters this week were awesome, I'm glad you all had so much fun!! And don't worry, it doesn't make me jealous to hear about everything you guys do haha, it keeps me sane! :) So keep it up! 

Such a good week... I had my first baptism!!! Well okay, we've had two others, but this is my first start to finish baptism :))) Pretty sure I've told you about her, Mieca Nalasa, she's 15 and soooo golden. She's basically been a dry mormon her whole life and we just happened to be the lucky missionaries to teach her. Her baptism was on saturdayand it was the most peaceful yet energizing thing ever... just like in the PMG movies when I think his name is Ming? The hilarious Chinese guy? Anyways he says the spirit felt like "calm energy" and that's exactly what her baptism was like. I just cried  basically the whole time hahaha. I am so sad you guys, I've turned into such a bawl baby!! It's ridiculous! And okay, it's not like I sob or anything, I just always have these silent-tears moments. It's so embarrassing hahaha. But yes, she was so so excited and her testimony afterwards was the sweetest thing ever. So happy that I was blessed to be part of her conversion!! 

We have another baptism this saturday, Gino Omilig, so excited for him as well!!

So the rest of this week was crazy haha but good. Sister Bendoy got realllllyyy sick on wednesday. We had Zone meeting that morning and then when we got home she said she needed to lay down for a while cause her stomach hurt, so I just ready scriptures while she napped and then about 15 minutes later she goes running into the bathroom and just barfs like she's going to die... and okay you know how dad is sooo loud when he's throwing up? Yeah, she has him beat by a million miles. It was like she was POSSESSED. I know the devil was in her hahahaha. So I hurry and get some water and see what else she needs, and she lays down again. And then within the next 15 minutes she threw up like 4 more times, each one more possessed than the last, until the last one she threw up blood D: So I hurried and called the mission nurse and was like "Um, hi, my companion is throwing up blood." And she told me that probably she had an ulcer and told me what medicine and all that to do for her, then I had to call our DL cause it's not like I could just run on down to the store haha. While I was waiting for them to come with her stuff she just kept getting worse and worse, she was like moaning and yelling and murmering in her native language, Wadi, so I couldn't understand what she was saying, and I would try and help her but there wasn't really much I could do and she was basically like a barfing version of an evil moaning myrtle. FINALLY the elders came with her medicine and to give her a blessing, and she was much better after that. She stopped throwing up and was able to sleep for a while, so I cleaned up the apartment (that'll be a lifelong habit thanks to mom hahah) and studied until it was time for bed. The next day she was better but still really weak so we stayed in the whole day except for one hour in the evening to go review Mieca's baptismal interview questions. I was nervous that the day was going to be really long and lonely since she was just sleeping in the other room, but I read scriptures and PMG and the Liahona and wrote in my journal and time went by pretty quick so it wasn't too bad. So yeah, that was an adventure hahaha. 

So happy late fourth of july everyone! The last time I was out of the country for the 4th of July I was with Cam visiting his mission, and now for the second time I'm in my own mission! Craziness. Also happy birthday Cam and Nate!! And happy 1 year proposal anniversary Cam and Alyne! Hannah, remember when you wanted to marry Cam? That was funny hahah ;)

So we got a call last night and we have a ton of changes in our area coming up this transfer!! We only 2 weeks ago moved into our new apartment but last night they told us to look for a new and bigger apartment because we're going to have another set of sisters in our area! That means that our area will be split and Sister Bendoy and I have no idea how they'll split it or who will go and who will stay and now when we're out working we have to also look for a new place to live and move there as soon as possible. It's way new and crazy hahaha but I'm excited!! I think it'll be really fun to have 2 other sisters in the apartment and it'll really help the progress in our area! Our area is pretty big so it's hard to make all our appointments cause we have so much travel, so that'll definitely help us visit more people every day!

Last monday I met an Elder Hawk, and it turns out he is from the Ellsworths ward in vegas and totally knows them!! I was sooo happy to find someone who knew my people!!! So yes, shout out to the Ellsworths from Elder Hawk!! 

To try and answer some of your questions, yes I am starting to feel a little more at home here! I actually don't know that I'd say "at home" yet, but I for sure am much more used to how things are here. Honestly though, I have no idea why this is but before my mission I felt like I have a pretty good understanding or expectation of everywhere in the world except the philippines. It's basically the exact opposite of home hahaha. So  it's taken a lot of patience to get used to everything!! But gradually, every day and every week, I get more and more used to how everything is and I'm able to not be stressed about the differences haha but to enjoy them :) Where I am is more city so we don't have much of the lush forests or beaches but there is still SO MUCH beauty everywhere. It's crazy gorgeous here. And now that I can understand the people and I'm used to their personalities and culture I love them so much more!! They really are so fun and hilarious. I can't believe the improvement I've had just since my first few weeks and I'm so excited to keep improving everything!! One thing thats been awesome this week is my improvement in language, now that I feel more confident and like I can say what I'm thinking and feeling, it's SO FUN! HIligaynon really is such a fun language and I can't wait to come home and just speak to you guys in it and you won't know what I'm saying but it'll sound really cool and everyone will think I'm so awesome ;D hahaha but really, such a tender mercy, so glad I have the opportunity to learn this language and that I have the best language tutor ever! How many people can say they have a tutor that knows everything and can speak to their minds? (Yes, I mean the Holy Ghost, Sister Bendoy does not have telepathy). Anyways, so blessed. 

Be Proud of Megan Moment:  We were teaching a lesson to this adorable old lady who lives in this little cement room where she sews dresses for a living and while we're teaching a rat crawls across the floor and starts eating the garbage sitting there, and it didn't even phase me. And she had left a wrapper on the table so there were ants everywhere and they were crawling all up my legs and I just kept right on going, and it honestly didn't bother me at all!! I have no idea how that is possible because you guys know me!!! I'm the girl where if there's a spider I WILL NOT even go into that room for days, if there is a bug I will scream bloody murder. But somehow it doesn't affect me at all!! Like, I don't even get grossed out!! #tendermercy #imjustsuperbraveandawesomenow 


Cam! Tell me more about all the crazy things going on at work!!

Hannah! Holy beast, you are a lacrosse goddess!! not to mention an actual goddess cause you're so gorgeous and awesome. BOYS. STAY AWAY. 

Nate and Clay!! I'm glad you guys had so much fun at lagoon! We'll go together when I get home and maybe my bravery of bugs will transfer and I won't be scared of roller coasters either ;) 

Mom! You're going to do SO GREAT on your run this week! I can't wait to talk to you ;) and I'll be praying for you and thinking about you the whole time!

Dad! You are just too awesome. No idea how I lucked out with such a great dad. I love that you send me pictures and I love hearing about your mission stories!! It makes me so proud that I get to add my own to all of yours :) 

Alyne! Stop getting so skinny and beautiful!! It's ridiculous!! And write me!! I miss your funny words and things ;D

Sera! Nothing for you. hahaha joke. I'll just write you a special email cause you are my wife and it's only fair. 

I JUST LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I WANT YOU TO BE SO HAPPY AND HAVE THE BEST WEEK EVER AND I HOPE YOU HAVE SO MANY GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO YOU AND I JUST LOVE YOU AND LOVE YOU AND LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU AND DON'T WORRY CAUSE TIME WILL GO SO FAST AND THEN WE'LL BE JUST LIKE ALMA WHEN HE'S REUNITED WITH THE SONS OF HELEMAN AND OUR JOY WILL BE FULL AND DON'T WORRY I WON'T BE A WEIRDO WHO QUOTES SCRIPTURES ALL THE TIME. OKAY WHO ARE WE KIDDING I TOTALLY WILL BE. BUT I'LL STILL BE NORMAL SO DO'NT WORRY. Also Im sorry, that all did not need to be in caps. But I love you!!!! and hope you all have a great great week!!!!!! BIG HUGS!!!!!

-Sister Manwaring 

No comments:

Post a Comment