Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Megs first letter from the Philippians :)


HI there  :) 

Okay!! To quicly answer dad's questions:
 -My flights were way fun, I sat with sister nielson for some of them and we  just talked for the entire like 10 hour flight to tokyo, she is one of my best friends ever already. I love her to death!! LIke, we will definitely live together at college or something. She's awesome. But yeah, flights were good! weird without watching tv or even looking at sky mall!!
-No jet lag, but I wake up at 5 every morning on the dot and have a really hard tome getting back to sleep. so i usually lay there until 6 and then read scriuptues and write in my journal or something.
-  yfeah pres lopez has an accent , not sure which kind haha, just an accent!
- the mission welcome was good, we stayed at he mission home for a day and a night and he told us it was a time to relax and nap and preapre for the work and stuff, so sister nielson and I just talked the whole time hahahahah. miss her so much!!! but sh'es in my zone at least!!! I see her... every 6 weeks hahaha. BUt I'm tryin to get sister BEndoy to let us spend some of o days together 
- hahah pres lopez is.. very very nice but a different personality!! I'll have to think of someone to compare him to cause i can't explain it
-  200 missionaries!
- I'm in Sum-ag, Google maps it!!! 
-all the sisters have been moved to areas that are withint 30 min of the mission home, and i'm about 20 min away
-Sister Bendoy, native obvi, no idea where she's from, oine of the islands here, i have no idea what they're all called
 -yeah they basically spoke baby talk ilonggo in the mtc, i understand MAYBE 3 words a sentance and I have no idea what relevance they have to the conversation hahahah so yay
-there are 2 other comapionships in our district, 2 samoan sisters and 2 elders, i haven't met them yet/// not sure about the zone! I just know sister nielson is in it!! haha :)
-yes weekly district meetings but this week is zone meetiogn!! praises be!
-we are teaching a TON. I'll talk more about that later!
-I\Um duh, I've committed the entire iland to baptism and they're closing the mission now and i'm coming home early :D hahaha
-no baptisms yet, a few witha  date from the last sisters


SO. It's SO CRAZY HERE. I have no idea what I was imagining before, some made iup fairytale land, cause it is basically the opposite of everything I've ever known here!!!!!! I was imaginging like  cute little fruit stands with eeryone smiling and happy and beautiful lush forrests and the beach and everything... hahahaha um.. kind of. We get some of our food from the mall thing about 15 min away from our home and they have normal things like pringles and bbutella if you look hard . then the rest of our food we get from the "market" down the street and there's like flies and everyone has touched everything with meat sitting in the sun and stuff, pigs heads and tons of fish and stuff. I have no idea how to send pictures of this weird internet cafe computer so I'll try nedxt week, I \also hven't taken many pics, so next week can be pic week, but yeah we've eaten like fish and of course tons of rice       , but everything actaully tastes really good even though it looks rotten!! So thats good, food is good. I don't know how to cook anything tho haha so I just do dishes!

Sister Bendoy is a native so she has a very strong accent and comes from a very different culture so at first it was really tough just cause everything was so new and I had just come from the MTC with so many good good friends and then I was thrown here and it's all so different so that was kinda tough like I said, but after a ton of praying and scriputiure study and positive attitude it's gotten better , and we get along just fine!  

My apartment is crazzzyyy hahahahaha. yes I have a bucket shower . IT's very weird hahaha but not too bad. I feel like  a holocaust child though, all crouched like naked with the bucket hahahahahahahahahahaha. Our filter in the sink is a water bottle strapped to the faucet with a rag tied to the end to keep the water from coming our too brown.  very many bugs, huge cocraoches, small spiders, but no rats!! and two cats that come to eat our leftovers, i've named them senior garfield and beyonce. I am totally a pro though and nothing phases me. I have desaignated a  shoe for bug killing and even when I opened my desk drawer and cockraoches ran out onto my hands i didn't even scream, just grabbed the shoe haha.  we live in a gated area so it's all safe and good. I'll just send pictures, that'll probs be easiest. or tell you when I call tomorrow. yeah i'm calling tomorrow cause it's election day and crazy so yes. tomorrow. not sure what time but it will most likely be the middle of the night fo ryou, sorry!, and i only have 30 min, but yes, listen for the phone and i'll call you tomorrow! it's a 14 hour time difference btw, im 14 hours ahead. 

the teaching is good but taough just cause i have no idea what anyone is saying hahahah. and we teach a lottttttt of less actives. like, 10 a day. but we have a few investigators right now and they're good. I like lessons but like i said, it'll get much easier when i know what's goign on hah! but even then, heavenly father knows and if i can just listen to the spirit it'll tell me what i need to say! and the lanugage will come. slowly but surely. 

it's very very very rare to see white people here so i get a ton of attention all the time, pepople yell "snow white" "puti (white)" "cano (americano)" and when say  i hello and stuff in passing they all fliup cause it's ilonggo haha. and I scare little kids cause they've nevert seen white people, so we'll be teaching a lesson and the mom has to leave witht he kid cause the kid is crying and scared haha and the little kids call me monster or snow white depending on if they're scared or not hahah. it's really weird to get used to!

sorry for this crazy typing, this keyboard is really really old and broken hahahah.

it's SO HOT HERE. I have a rag for wiping sweat of my face. tell aunt sue thank you so much for the handkercheif, i've used it so much!! then i got some other rags to switfch it with.

p day today so we cleaned and i cleaned SO MUCH. LIKE A MADWOMAN. mom you would've been so proud hahaha. i had bathroom and kitchen and I cleaned every single inch and i only had an old sponge and a bucket of water and I got everything so spotless hahaha. and i was sweating with sweat dripping off my face so much and it's so hot and humid i dind't even realize i was sweating until it was dripping and i was liie, what the,. hahaha. we shower twice a day but it doesn't do much hahaha. and we don't have ac in the apartment, just a plug in fan. but i'm getting more and more used to it every day so it's all good! makeup is hpeless though hahahah plus it's not like im tryin to impress anyone, all they care about is my white skin! They literally have whitening lotion int he stores here hahaha. please please please google maps sum-ag and try and see it hahaha. CRAZINESS. and everyting is so loud!!! so loud all the time. but like i said, the first few days were very very overwhelming and i was having anxiety and stuff but i just prayed a ton a ton a ton and read scriptrues and tried to have positive thoughts and work hard and every day has been better! now i only get like "contractions" of anxiety. and I think it's just cause everything is so new and so different than what i ahd imaginged. but it's all good too!! I really am grateful to be here and I trust that the lord has a plan and purpose for me being here!! 

man i feel like i have so much to tell you, and i know when i call i won't be able to tell you everythign in the 30 minutes and i'll probabkly bawl like baby hahahaha please dont worry if i do!!  it's just an adjustment hahaha but heavenly father is looking out for me :) for instance! i was hacing a pretty hard time and having anxiety and i just really wanted to see my friensds, or any american really hahah, and sister bendoy and i needed to go to the "mall"in town and randomly sister nielsona nd her trainer were there!!! so we got to shop with them and eat lunch with them, it was sooooooooo much needed and sooo awesome!!!! I know heavenly father is with me. Biggest tender mercy ever. and I am going to talk to sister bendoy about trying to see them for just a few hours to like ,meet up to shop or have lunch or something on p days so i can see her :) but even if not , god is always with me!! and i'm getting more used to everything ever day and pretty soon i'll be a pro in the language and be teaching a ton of people and be totally great!! I'm great now, it's just a work in progress :)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY BTDUBS!!!!!  to THE BEST mom in THE WHOLE WORLD!!! I want to write  a huge long thing of how much I love you but i don't have the time and i cou'd't express it anyways, i love you so muhc though :) so so so so so sos o muchhhhh. 

Okay! I have to go, out of time, I love you all SO MCUH you have no idea!!! thank you for your prayers!!!!! Hope you all are doing amazing and having so much fun and listeneding to mom and dad and all that good stuff!! LOVE YOUUUUUU. Talk to you tomorrow!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <# <# <3 <3 <#. 

No comments:

Post a Comment