Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 20th 2013



HI hi hi hi hi!!!!! I'm in an "internet cafe" ( more like a computer whore house hahaha) just up the street from our apartment and this kepboard is the devil and i have to slam the keys to make them type so I sound like a mad tap dancer over here hahahaha. and if theres weird mistakes and mistypes, thats why.

SO this week has been so so so so much better!! The first like 10 days I was here I would wake up with anxiety and be like "oh my goshhhhhhh I can't believe I agreed to do this for 18 MONTHS I"M CRAZY" hahahahaha but I would just get out of bed and pray pray pray and read my scriptures for a few minutes and then keep going about my day and every day has gotten better and better and I'm thankfully adapting very wquickyl! Thanks to all of Heavenly Fathers help :) 

MY COMP. So at first I was really bad and did not want to be with her beacuse she wasn't american. how bad is that? hahahaha. not ina racist way! just in a "it's nice to have an american to relate to here in this crazy country way" haha. And I was bad and complained about here a bit to sister nielson when I saw her at zone meeting and then I felt bad and realized that was not going to help anyyyyything. So. I just kept trying to stay positve even thugh we had a big language barrier and she wasn't always patient with me and we had so many awkward silnces all the time and I never knew wht we were doing in lessons and why she was so strct about some rules and totally lax in others and just thinking all these negative thoughts and then while I was putting up my pictures I saw the one of sera and I in our cheer uniforms and I remembered hjow it is for each new squad each year. THey've worked the ebntire year to get good at bulding and dances and all thge cheer stuff and they know how to work together and they're all good and then you have to welcome all the new grls and start over at the very basics and it can be very very fristrating! so I realized that's how Sister Bendoy is, she's a year in (yesterday! ah!) and she just came from a companionship with her best friend and they worked well toghether andall just like a good squad and now sh has so start over with a fortegner and that's tough!! So once I started thinking like that, things got much better! Now we even laugh and we talk and even joke arund sometimes! and I've learned hjow to ask questions in a way she responds to positively so I am more prepared for lessons and things. It's great! And it'll just keep inproving! 

As for the work! We committed SIX pople for baptism this week!! ahhh!!!! and I got to extendx the commitments every time!!!! SO MUCH FUN. and TWO of them were new investogators that sister bendoy and I found froma  referral and in the first lessons we extended that invitation and they accepted and oh my gosh its all just so so so good!! and we had less actives who haven't been to church in months and months and motnsh come on sunday!!!!! yayayayayay. Okay so the philippines missions have this thing called "rescue" and basically iot means that we spend a ton of time visitng with less actives and trying to reactivate them because we have so many! for instance, our ward hee in sum-ag (thers only one) has 100 active members and 500 members overall. yeah. it's really easy for people to become inactive here! and back at home inactives are the responsiblility for the ward mostly, like the work we did in young womens with karlie wright anda ll thenm, but here we as misisonaries visit them. I was reeally annoyted by this at first casue I just wanted to ocus on investigators and have the ward do it's job but then sistr bendoy expalined about rescue and now it makes sense. also aprt of the rescue s that we teach Recent Converts for an entire year after baptism o.O which totally threw me off at first cause if I was an RC i was get so sick of that hahahahahaha but now that I understand thast it's just for the philippines missins im much better with it! 

The language is slowly coming more and more! my first sunday I understood NOTHING that nyone said hahahahaha and this last sunday I understrood generally everything and the wrods I didn't know i just figured out because of context and stuff! yayaya. So excited for that part to come so I can fully help these people! 

You guys are all doing sooooooo great!!!! I love so much hearing everything from home, it makes me so happy!!!!!! So keep it up!!! :) 

Sdaie! you ho! jk, that is not appropriat missionary langueage. May you have all the blessings of motherhood you rascal!!

The food here is all SO YUMMY. Even though it looks like it should taste like rotted gargabe hahahaha. I have to use so much self control to not eat myself sick. and I've been cooking this week too! Sister BEndoy has bee teahing me all the ways of filipino cooking! and at the store today we're going to vbuy some food that I know how to make and I'm going to use my money to get oreos with peanut butter cause sister bendoy has never tried that and she said they have oreos here! score!! we et rice every meal (yummy yummy yummy) and some sort of topping and then like fruit or something. it's all soooo yummy I love meal time hahahaha. but don't wirry! I do lke 100 crunches every morning and we walk all day and I make sure I don't eat too much so I won't get gross and fat. yuck hahahaha. 

I'm going to rty and send pics now!! BUt i'll send it in a separate email. Man I just love you all so mucgh!!!!! I wish I had mre time to write you but know that I love you and im sorry that i didn't answer all your questions, I'll send these pics and then try to send another small email or something. but yes!! love love lve love love love love ou!!!!!!!!!! BIG HUGS AND KISSES

1 comment: